Tuesday 22 April 2014

Lewisham Saves Lives - it saved mine

My name is Joseph Francis, born 11/04/1958. Been sick since 1976 with a condition called Relapsing Psyoycondictis. One sunny morning on my way working as a driving instructor, I felt unwell. I found that I couldn't breathe very well. I turned to my pupil and said I felt bad and by the time I said that I was virtually choking and gasping for breath. My pupil, called Donna, was very good. She was actually pregnant at the time. Jumped out of the car, after stopping that is, and hailed or should I say flagged down a car. Luckily it was an off duty policeman. I choked and passed out. The next thing I knew, I woke up in Lewisham A&E with needles and pipes hanging out of every orifice. So this was back in 2001. I owe my life to Lewisham and will never forget what they did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment