Wednesday 2 April 2014

Heart, passion and desire


Heart, passion and desire
You can achieve anything
Just dream and aspire
Apply yourself to the situation.
It's up to young people to progress our nation.
This poem started for just me
Now I'm addressing Lewisham:
From doctors, to mums, to people wasting
just watch over your shoulder
I know you want someone to hold ya
Life gets harder as you get older
the pace gets faster, your legs get slower.
Make your woman's day - buy her some flowers
Slow dance and make love for hours
We all want to change the system but we don't have the powers
Don't go down like the towers
Stand tall forget being cool
Work hard like horse and carriage
Too many kids not enough marriage
I'm feeling embarassed when I get romantic like Paris
I used to believe in magic day by day
The world changes, I hope you manage.

by Mark, SE6

No comments:

Post a Comment